Join your peers in the cloud community
Creating a trusted and safe space for shared learning and experiences is what we're all about - after all, a rising tide lifts all ships
And you may find yourself told to follow least privilege access
And you may find yourself at the mercy of compliance auditors
And you may find yourself staring at an IAM policy
And you may ask yourself, 'Well, how did I get here?'
If you've ever carried the responsibility of availability, resilience, performance, or security of a cloud environment, this place just might be right for you!
IAM Pulse is a community first, and our team is dedicated bringing cloud enthusiasts together in a meaningful way. We're here to help demystify complexity, uncover solutions, and spark conversations through a range of content, programs, and activities. We're just getting started, so check out some of the ways to get involved as an early member and contributor.
Apply for Membership
We're an invite-only member community so we can keep the content and conversations laser focused on the job at hand, and build trust with each other along the way. You can get invited by one of our existing members, or you can apply to join by filling out a brief form below.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
To get a taste of what we're about, check out our weekly newsletter, which includes a mix of member contributed content, topical industry commentary, and helpful links & resources.
Find us on Social Media
Another great way to stay engaged with our community is to check out our social profiles. We're building our social presence from the ground up, so we'd greatly appreciate a follow or a mention if you feel like your networks would benefit from knowing about this community.
Publish Your Content
Our members are helping each other reason with the complexities of the job by sharing their own tutorials, guides, tips, and tricks in the form of structured templates. We're always looking for bright practitioners to extend the catalog across a wide range of cloud providers, code frameworks, compliance guidelines, and more.
Become an IAM Legend - Coming Soon!
There were still many things to learn, but not so many as before. Strangely, life was becoming almost bearable.
We know that our members engage in several to many communities and we aim to be your go-to place for learning and sharing in our IAM domain.
Our members are the backbeat of this community and we're developing a top contributor program aptly named IAM Legend. This program will promote and reward our most engaged and enthusiastic members via perks, swag, and exclusive access to resources and networking. We'll have opportunities to serve specific and meaningful ROLES (get it?) in our IAM Pulse Community - whether contributor, ambassador, moderator, or event/meetup host.
We'll share more details in an upcoming blog post!
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why is the community invite only?
- We're intentional about remaining focused on the cloud practice and fostering a community of practitioners and enthusiasts who can share and learn from one another. We want to create a safe and trusted space for productive interactions and engagement that embodies our principles of being authentic, joyful, and communal.
Only invited users can register to become members, and that relationship is made known amongst all members. A community that vouches for each other is a healthy community!
If you're interested in joining our community but do not have access to an invite from a current member, please visit our Membership page to fill out a form which our team will review.
- What is your affiliation with Okta?
- We formed our team inside of Okta through an internal startup program called OktaX. We enjoy the support of the larger company behind us, with the freedom to operate independently - the best of both worlds!
Our team's primary identity (no pun intended) is as IAM Pulse.
- Do I own the content I contribute on the site?
- We highly value our members who contribute content to the IAM Pulse Community. Members retain all rights to their content and may share what is published on the IAM Pulse community website to other platforms.
Content contributed to the IAM Pulse Community site may be used by the IAM Pulse Team to promote the contributor and their work via IAM Pulse social media channels, the IAM Pulse Community website, or the IAM Pulse newsletter.
You can find more information in the Contributor Agreement section on our Membership Terms page.
- Do all published articles have to be about or reference IAM?
- At IAM Pulse we believe IAM isn't just one thing to worry about it is the thing that ties together all the other things. It's such an integral part of any cloud operation that we've decided to focus on this one topic alone. For that reason we're primarily interested in content related to the difficulties and solutions for anything related to IAM.
- Do you have a Slack or Discord?
- Not at this time. We recognize that many of our members (and us too) already have too many channels to track. Our primary objective is to encourage engagement stemming from our member content and articles via our community website.
We're currently building a Discussions page for registered members to ask and answer questions about security and configuration best practices. You can follow us on Twitter where we share member contributions, interesting links, and an IAM Challenge of the Week for you to scratch your head over.
- Is there going to be a commercial product?
- Indeed! We are focusing on the problems developers and security teams deal with when it comes to IAM policies and configurations. We look forward to learning and building with the community.
If you'd care to share some of your challenges, we'd love to hear them. Drop us a note at email@example.com.
- What's with the jazz theme?
- Is it that obvious? We know. We're a team of music lovers and IAM Pulse is a nod to the classic jazz label, Impulse Records. Our founder has a growing record collection and as you'll see on our About Us page, we're willing to go the extra mile to share some of our favorite albums too.
Fun Fact: If you take a closer look at our logo, it's a combination of the word IAM and a sine wave. You probably know by now that we love puns, so IAM warning you that they'll be sprinkled throughout this community site and our newsletter, Pulse Check.
- You all seem cool and you're working on big, gnarly stuff. Are you hiring?
- Why, yes we are! Our team is growing and we're looking to fill some key roles. Great opportunity to get in early – working in a startup-like environment, but with the support and stability of a larger organization. We've said it once, and we'll say it again – the best of both worlds!
We're all working remote for the foreseeable future and our team spans across the San Francisco bay area, the Pacific Northwest, Utah, and Brazil. Hope you like mountains and water!
Get the IAM Pulse Check Newsletter
We send out a periodic newsletter full of tips & tricks, contributions from the community, commentary on the industry, relevant social posts, and more.
Checkout past issues for a sampling of the goods.